Black Creek Park is a great place to visit any time of year. Within the park you will find a playground, fishing, and hiking. Along one of the hiking paths, you can find, “fairy houses!” There is also a large sledding hill and opportunities for skiing and snowshoeing!
3835 Union St, North Chili, NY 14514
Take Me There
The playground of Black Creek is in great shape and fairly large. There is a bathroom shelter nearby and a lot of open space for running. On the other side of the parking lot is an open air pavilion with picnic tables. There is a double zipline as well as baby swings and typical swings. The playground is surrounded by nature so be sure to explore!
This is a very well loved park so it is often easy to navigate through any season, even in the winter! Some trails can get muddy/swampy so boots or sneakers are recommended.
Before heading out to Black Creek Park print the MAP. The color coded hiking trails and additional details make the park easier to explore.
- The Ridge Trail is a 1.4 (one-way) mile walk over gently rolling terrain
- The Creek Trail is a 3.1 (one-way) mile walk that passes alongside a beautiful little pond, which is the seasonal home to many geese and ducks. This trail also takes you through fields and along the creek.
- The Hickory Trail is a 1.4 mile walk over flat terrain which is full of multi-flora rose and dogwood shrubs. Many different birds can be seen in this area. The trail ends in Maple and Hickory woods which has an impressive collection of shagbark hickory trees.
- The Bluebird Trail is a 1.2 mile walk good for bird watchers all year round.
- The Wetland Trail is a 2.1 (one-way) mile walk that is dotted with wild flowers that attract butterflies. This trail also has many unique plants and trees that change with the seasons.
The hill at Black Creek Park is a popular spot for sledding. It’s enjoyed by all ages but best suited for the older kids. The hill can be found by taking a left after entering Black Creek Park off of Union. Park in the Trail Head parking lot by the Woodside Lodge (If you reached the playground, you went too far!). The sledding hill is just behind the woods behind the parking lot.
There is a pond and creek at this park for fishing. Fishing is allowed in Black Creek Park as long as those fishing are following NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.