This is an interactive, touch and play museum housed in the downtown Rochester, New York.
1 Manhattan Square Dr, Rochester, NY 14607
Take Me There
- Saturday – Thursday 10am to 5pm
- Friday 10am to 8pm
- Ages 2 and up $19
- Under age 2 is FREE
- Members are FREE
*Additional Costs for The Butterfly Garden, Skyline Climb, and Adventure Package check here for details.
Enter parking garage from Howell Street to gain entrance to The National Strong Museum of Play. See here for directions.
After parking, insert parking ticket into one of the machines located within the parking garage of near the admissions desk inside the museum. Here you will pay for the ticket or scan your membership card to validate parking (members receive 6 parking pass validations)
Some of Our Favorite Exhibits Include:
1. Wegmans Super Kids Market
2. Imagination Destination
3. Reading Adventureland
4. Aquariums at Rainbow Reef
5. Play Lab
Puppy’s Game Cafe
You will pass by Puppy’s Game Cafe as soon as you enter the museum. Therefore, museum admission is not required to enjoy the cafe. Here you will find a nice assortment of games as well as specialty drink and bakery items (including gluten free choices!)
- We have seen multiple children loose sight of their families. In attempts to avoid this, dress kids in bright colors or have siblings match to make keeping an eye on them a bit easier.
- There are a lot of obstacles and elements that kids will maneuver (slides, tunnels, small passage ways, etc) so you won’t be able to keep an eye on them at all times so come up with a plan before entering the museum. For our family, I tell me kids, that 1.) If they can’t see me, they must see each other. This works for us because my eldest would be able to find help if he and the little one became separated from me. 2.) Find a Strong Museum Staff member if they can’t find me. They Strong Museum staff has an iron clad system for reuniting kids with their lost families. If you find a lost child or lost a child yourself, the first thing you should do is alert a staff member.
- If you don’t have parking garage validation (6 passes included with your membership) try street parking to save some money. There’s plenty of street parking surrounding the museum and it is free on evenings and weekends.
- After your admission ticket purchase (or membership purchase), you should still expect additional expenses on your visit. The Carousel, Train, Ropes course and Butterfly garden all require an additional fee to enjoy. You must purchase tokens for the arcade game (4 tokens for $1. Most games are 1 token) and there are tempting dining opportunities and a gift shop.